Datacentres are estimated to use 3% of global energy provision, and this is likely to grow. So what IT does around power consumption and CO2 is vital for the planet. Yet the latest IT products are more powerful and often consume even more electricity.
Whether your company uses IT on premise or as a service from cloud providers, regulations are being tightened for reporting of Scope 2 and Scope 3 emissions, and Net Zero plans are being audited. Without active Carbon Reduction plans in place, we cannot realistically achieve Net Zero.
So learning how to optimise IT power usage and design solutions to critical for all enterprises. Help your company become Carbon Conscious and start an initiative for reduction which actually will save money as well.
Ruth will discuss techniques to design and implement solutions from a carbon reduction perspective. This includes practical hints to apply to currently running environments.
She estimates that around 20% savings can be gained for current datacentre and cloud environments, which can not only reduce tonnes of CO2 emitted but also reduce power costs by over €100k per year per datacentre. Greater savings are possible when designing IT systems.
So come, learn and participate. Save the planet and get your company to start saving for a head start on Net Zero plans.
Session Key Takeaways:
- How you can optimise existing IT infrastructures to reduce power and CO2
- How you can transform new IT services using CO2 optimisation as a focus
- How you can build a business case to save your company significant money whilst also saving CO2 and become Carbon Conscious
This session is for you if…
- You are wishing to transform your business to save money and save carbon
- You design or consume IT services
- You have budgetary control over IT services
- You have to handle the increased CO2 reporting regulations